PART TIME/ON CALL REMOVAL PERSON
AND FUNERAL DIRECTOR’S ASSISTANT
Santa Rosa Mortuary, Eggen & Lance Chapels and Fred Young Funeral Homes is looking to expand our dynamic team by hiring a part-time, “on-call,” entry level position to assist with night removals and general funeral industry professional assistance.
The ideal candidate must possess an extraordinary work ethic and be service-oriented with the abilities to independently problem-solve, be patient and anticipate the needs of their director(s) and team. All applicants shall possess a genuine, positive disposition and take pride in their professional appearance. We expect our candidate to reside (or be willing to relocate) within a 30 minute radius from the funeral home. The ideal candidate will also be open to learning our techniques and methods to meet the needs of the deceased family in a caring and dignified manner.
Upon joining our team, a qualified candidate can expect exposure to all facets of funeral service while being mentored by management and staff of licensed funeral industry professionals with over eighty years of collective funeral industry experience. Mortuary students, retired medical professionals and civil service personnel are encouraged to apply. This position will start as a temporary, “on call” position and it is essential that the candidate be available to work in the evenings and weekends.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
(Experience preferred, but not required. On-site training available).
- Night removals
- Cleaning and maintenance of facilities, storage, and company vehicles
- Maintaining stretchers and mortuary cots
- Coordinate and interact with company staff and families
- Accurate record keeping and identification of documents and individuals
- Dress and casket deceased persons
- Able to follow Company Employee Handbook
- Taking and reporting supply inventory
- Professional demeanor and clean appearance.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Respectful and discreet around grieving individuals, the deceased and while in public
- Comfortable working around deceased human beings
- Multi-tasking ability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to follow dress code while on duty.
- Able to process instruction and communicate well with others
- Valid CDL and Clean Driving Record
- Pass Criminal Background Check and Drug Test
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Compensation is negotiable
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject line: “ PT/On Call Removal Job Posting”